Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kenmore Elite 795.72053.110 F dH after compressor replacement

xman11

I have a Kenmore French door / bottom freezer - Model 795.72053.110 purchased in Sep 2011.  It stopped cooling a month ago so I called Sears for service.  The Sears technician (from A&E Factory Service) came out and replaced the compressor, compressor filter dryer, and added a compressor service valve.  As part of the repair, the technician also did a "software upgrade" on the logic board.  I just had to pay a $129 visit fee. 

The refrigerator is cooling now, able to freeze water bottles in the freezer too.  However, a few days after the repair, the fridge showed F dH error on the display.  I unplugged it for a few minutes and plugged it back in.  The error went away but returned the next day.  I tried this a few more times but the error code kept reappearing.

I did some research online and saw it's either the freezer thermistor, freezer fan, defrost heater element or logic board.  Before I try to diagnose this further, I called Sears back and told them what happened.  They will be sending out another technician in a few weeks.

The strange thing is that in the 8 years I owned the fridge, F dH never appeared.  I'm wondering if this error could have been caused by the technician damaging the fridge during the repair, or perhaps caused by the "software upgrade".  It could also be coincidence that the defrosting components happened to fail after the repair.  Btw, the freezer is empty -- no food/items in there.  I wanted to make sure the freezer works without issues before putting in food.

If anyone has thoughts on this, please do share.

Thanks in advance.

--Eric

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xman11

• Vance R

Top Posters In This Topic

The software upgrade is to install the new universal compressor from LG.  Did the service person remove the freezer evaporator cover?  If they did remove cover some maybe left something unplugged.  If they did not remove cover,  then in the course of replacing the compressor nothing is done to that circuit. 

Please put something in the freezer - a couple gallon jug of water will do.  Without something to keep the cold the temps will swing wildly especial during defrost cycle.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Vance.  Will do.

Btw, the technician came out today.  He said the defrost controller assembly was faulty (ohm reading was off).  Replaced it and said it should now be fixed.

I'll keep an eye on it to see what happens over the next few days.