Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE GDF510PSD0SS Not Drying/Dishes Not Clean

Kagoo912

Hi Everyone, new to the Board but have browsed before.

I have a GDF510PSD0SS that's about 5 years old.  We started noticing the dishes were wet after heated dry and they weren't very clean.  It appeared to me that the heater element may be the culprit so I removed it and checked resistance, got a reading of about 16 ohms.

Assuming any continuity was a good thing so I checked some forums and found a few threads indicating that the Flood Sensor has a thermistor inside and other people had good results when changing it. I ordered and installed the new Flood Sensor but the problem continues.

Next step was to try the Diagnostic Error Code Mode (should have done this first but only learned of it on the forums) but I do not have the Service Manual for this exact washer so I can't correctly interpret the results.  I found a Service Manual for a similar model but the results are confusing.  When in Diagnostic Error Code Mode the Heated Dry and Clean LED's are illuminated, the similar model Service Manual shows the Heated Dry LED indicates 3 of last 5 washes did not reach 120 degree wash temperature, this makes perfect sense.  The problem is the Clean LED indicates a failed Turbidity Sensor but my model doesn't have one of these!  I did a visual check (couldn't find it) and looked at all the available parts there isn't one listed.

So I need some help with the following:

1. I'd appreciate the Service Manual for my exact dishwasher GDF510PSD0SS
  2. I'd appreciate any help interpreting the LED's in Diagnostic Error Code Mode
  3. Any help with next step or potential fix.

Thank you in advance!

Charlie

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Jero

• Desert

• vee8power

• Kagoo912

1 hour ago, Kagoo912 said:

I do not have the Service Manual for this exact washer so I can't correctly interpret the results.  I found a Service Manual for a similar model but the results are confusing.

No big deal, models without a turbidity sensor will give you that error; just ignore it. 

Use that same diagnostic guide to manually operate the heater and try to determine if the heater actually heats when you energize it that way.

Change the water level float switch. The thermister for temp is built into it. 

• 2 months later...

Flood sensor and float switch....what’s the difference and if there is a difference where is the flood sensor typically located

thanks

Edited by Desert
Spelling

On 10/20/2019 at 6:34 AM, Desert said:

Flood sensor and float switch....what’s the difference and if there is a difference where is the flood sensor typically located

thanks

Its all the same part on this model.