Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE gdf620hgj4ww - Replaced control board, now just beeps 2x when I press start

DotYrslefguy

DotYrslefguy

Hello, any help would make me a hero.

Original problem - two year old dishwasher just stopped working. No lights, no nothing.

Solution - I ordered a new control board like this one
https://partsdr.com/part/wd21x24798-control-board

I installed it an the lights came on!

New Problem When I press start, it just beeps two times.

What I have tried:

Cut power and wait 10 minutes - no change

CONSUMER ERROR MODE :Press and hold the Cycle Select and Start pads simultaneously for 5 seconds.- this showed me door was properly closed. weird thing is that after all the lights went out that indicated door was properly shut, I was able to press start and it ran through a whole cycle. BUt still will not start.

I think either have a defective part, or this board somehow needs to be synced to the machine somehow, and I though cutting the power would accomplish that.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks!

50 minutes ago, DotYrslefguy said:

Any Suggestions?

Here's a suggestion for you.

If the dishwasher has no response, no LED’s, display or operation, the CSM may be tripped. Technicians will enter Consumer Error Mode. Press the Select Cycle and Start buttons at the same time for Five (5) seconds. If the control responds with LED’s or Display coming on, The CSM is tripped. Or Access the main control board and view the service LED. If it is flashing 7 times within 3 seconds, the CSM is tripped. Check that out see what you got.

DotYrslefguy

After I replaced the board the lights are now on.

It looks normal, but when I press the on button it just beeps two times and does nothing.

DotYrslefguy

Ill check the service LED when I get home. Could the personality be set wrong? It said on the box it was set at the factory, but I did not compare with the old one before I installed.

7 minutes ago, DotYrslefguy said:

Ill check the service LED when I get home. Could the personality be set wrong? It said on the box it was set at the factory, but I did not compare with the old one before I installed.

To reset the CSM. Entering Service Mode will reset the CSM. To enter Service Mode: 1. First enter Consumer Error mode as directed previously. After the ten (10) second door check has completed, continue to next step. 2. Enter Service mode (while in Consumer Error Mode), by pressing and holding the Select Cycle button for five (5) seconds. Fill, circulate, heater and drain tests can be selected by using the Select Cycle button. To start each test, press the Start button. Complete Consumer Error and Service Mode details may be found in the mini-manuals or Service Guides.

Personality may very well be wrong. Plug and play software module probably.

DotYrslefguy

Ok, so it worked fine all weekend, then I went to use it Sunday night. No lights, no nothing.

I looked at the service light and it was steady on.

I then unplugged the wire from the door that connects the UI to the control board, and re plugged it in.

Lights! And worked fine. It then went out again, and I jiggled it a little and it works now.

So clearly, to me anyway, the issue is not the control board, but the connector that connects the UI to the control board.

Can I replace just that harness?

I don't want to keep laying on the floor and resetting that connection.

@DotYrslefguy  Go to repairclinic.com, put in this part number, see if it looks like what you're looking for. For some reason I can't get it to post a picture here.

Part number WD21X22916

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

Did that fix the problem?  I’m having the same issue, and am reluctant to order a new control board if the real issue is something else!