Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
JohnnieBgood

Kenmore Elite MOD 110 20992991-will fill and won't advance

6 posts in this topic

My washer will fill with water, but will not advance to the next cycle.

I tried on/off several times and rotating the knob to several places, especially rinse, but it only hums.

I've read several points of interest on this formum and I think I'm down to:

Lid Switch(x?)

Bad Pressure Switch

Bad Coupler

Bad Motor

Bad Timer

Is there any tips for me to really narrow it down?

Thanks

JohnnieBgood

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Let us look at some details.  After it stops filling is the washer dead? or do you hear the motor humming down at the bottom of the washer??   If it is dead we could have a bad fill level switch, bad lid switch, bad wiring harness, bad motor.  If you hear the motor humming you could have a broken coupler which would not let it agitate or spin, BUT it would drain.  You could have something in your pump jamming the motor.  You could have a locked up tranny jamming the motor.  There are other things that it could be but let us start here first.  Pegi

Thanks Pegi.

The hum is coming from the bottom of the washer for sure.

I'm about to drain it with a sump, slide it out and see if I can see anything in the pump.

brb,

jbg

Trouble shooting in progress.

Maybe I can rule out the lid switch?(with the lid closed, I turned the know to spin, it hums. When I open the lid the humming stops)

I'm draining the Tub with a small sump now, so that I can pull it out and examin the electrical components and tranny.

jbg

;)

Eureka!!!

I emptied the tub, rolled the washer on its side and removed the cardborad base so I could view the motor, pump, etc.

I removed the large inlet hose from the tub and found the tail end of piece of cloth. Manually spinning the drive coupler with my thumb and pulling the cloth at the same time yielded the root cause to my problem. The cloth had the pump under wraps ó¿ó

Hooked everything up for a test run, Everything works fine.

Thanks you so much! I owe you one.

Kind Regards

johnnieBgood