LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Sears Kenmore Model 110.96283110 - constantly blowing max heat thermostat ever few loads.....

rpriz

I know.. 20yrs I should be happy and buy a new one... but there are no different then this older Sears kenmore!  So the heating element was changed about 7 years ago.. all good til recently. Every 5-6 loads it will pop the hi temp fuse in the heating element area. I am noticing the element will not cycle nor change temp range when selecting Hi, Med, Lo. i finally blew the thermal fuse near the cycling thermostat so I replaced them both. The funny thing is.. I tested the cycling thermostat on a thermal stove top and a laser temp sensor and it works!!!  So did the new one that was installed. I tested them side by side and they both trigger on/off withing seconds apart.  Well anyways  the newer cycling thermostat is in and running today. I dont have my hopes up so I really could use some good guidance on what to look for as far as this thing constantly popping the heat off.  I am on a really tight budget and had a new motor around 7 yrs ago in this thing as well... please help.

Before you ask... new exhaust pipe & exit installed... inside all cleaned out as well.

Ron

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rpriz

• vee8power

• evaappliance

• David C

good question.. tried so many  generic brands with the same temp ratings.. not even sure whats in there now.  the seems to be a small screened area where the hot air leads into the drum along the back side of the unit according to the diagram. Does that ever get clogged? I am sure thats not the issue as the heat doesn't seem to be cycling.

Have you checked venting to the outside? Also, use factory parts, not aftermarket. 

9 hours ago, rpriz said:

the seems to be a small screened area where the hot air leads into the drum along the back side of the unit according to the diagram.

Normally no, but there is a area between the lint screen and blower that does occasionally. 

• Like 1

"Normally no, but there is a area between the lint screen and blower that does occasionally.  "

the area.. shroud that holds the lint screen and funnels air thru the blower.. does collect a surface layer of lint but i constantly clean that as I am in there at least 1x every 2 weeks fixing the thermal cut off thermostat. I dont see any reason for it to be a bad air flow situation.. I have clean out everything and constantly checking.

Does your dryer have a air dry setting and if so do you have heat on that setting