LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Maytag MVWB850YW0

ejeter

Maytag Bravos leaking. I pulled the drain pump but don't see any cracks. I'm guessing if it were the re-circulation pump it would be leaking throughout the cycle and not just the end? If it were the seal leaking what would the signs be? TIA

If the tub seal is leaking, there usually isn’t much water on the floor. But you’ll see brown streaks on the bottom of the motor. Other than that, there’s so many different things that could be leaking, you just have to run a cycle and watch it to see where the water’s coming from. Any of the hoses or a possible cracked tub

Here’s another thing to check that I’ve run in to a few times on older units - the dispenser was redesigned at some point to allow for a greater flow of water. It seemed they were prone to overflow under certain circumstances. I think this alert goes back to 2013. http://www.apdepot.com/Products/SearchResults.aspx?type=keyword&keyword=W10187307

I see a lot of leaking dispensers, usually the bleach or softener dispensers. Check for anything blocking the outlet of the dispensers. If you have a glass lid, put it into diagnostics and watch the dispensers while filling. Check your house pressure, these can't anything over 75 psi. 

Another thing to check is if there’s a house drain problem. All too often homeowners come back to a machine with water on the floor at the end of the cycle and assume it’s leaking, when in fact the house drain is restricted and backing up the pipe and on to the floor. May not happen every time, and could be dependent on how soapy the drain water is, but it’s usually easy to hear the water traveling up the drain pipe as it’s draining. So that could be a possibility if the machine doesn’t appear to be leaking

• Like 1

Leaks... I start with water supply, move to dispenser, hoses, drain system...

often hot water valves like to weep.