LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Delayed Ignition

BAHDEETS

I have a G.E. Range/Oven model JGSP33WEV5WW  that does not ignite properly - it is delayed.     Can you tell me what part I need to replace, where it is and how difficult is it to replace.   And maybe help me with a replacement part number.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 16345Ed

• Vance R

• BAHDEETS

Top Posters In This Topic

Most like suspect is a weak ignitor. Should draw 3.2 to 3.7 amps when on. Any square norton style ignitor will work. Usually fairly easy to replace.

On 8/18/2019 at 5:03 PM, BAHDEETS said:

I have a G.E. Range/Oven model JGSP33WEV5WW  that does not ignite properly - it is delayed.     Can you tell me what part I need to replace, where it is and how difficult is it to replace.   And maybe help me with a replacement part number.

You’re working with natural gas and sound like you have no clue on what you are doing. Wouldn’t it be safer for you and your family to call a professional?

I know we all want to be DIYers but sometimes safety should be considered. 

You should see the wiring I’ve had to correct in my House because previous homeowner was a DIYer. Wire connections not in boxes etc..,