LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Need help GE WSHH300G0WW fills then stops

nmykytyn

Hi need some help my Need help GE WSHH300G0WW fills then stops, does not wash, does not spin, it will drain if i select spin the wateer drains but it does not spin.

so it fills but does not wash, spin

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nmykytyn

• EthanRanft

• David Jero

• ANGEL CALDERON

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im assuming you mean WSSH instead of WSHH. So it could be something as simple as the belt (unlikely) or more likely a control board, possibly the motor. Lots of possibilities. Any error codes?

Edited by EthanRanft

Yes WSSH, no digital display on this model. Belt is fine, pulley is good. Washer will fill then nothing, if I turn selector to spin it will drain so discharge pump is working.

ANGEL CALDERON

I would say it is the speed sensor that is in the motor. The IC BOARD  is not reading the motor rpm.

Hi Angel thanks for your reply, after washer fills it tries to start but just makes a noise tub does not move motor does not start up.

This is GE front load washer that Frigidaire built for GE. Take the bottom panel off. There should be a tech sheet down there. That should help.  These had bad door switches and motor control boards. Check and make sure the basket moves freely and check to see if the belt is on. I have seen a few through the years where the drive pulley comes loose and the belt comes off.  If you hear the motor whining but no tub movement my bet is the belt came off.

Hello David, the washer will fill then make a humming noise as if it wants to go to the next cycle (wash) but motor does not start. if I put the selector knob on spin it will drain but not spin. the motor will turn if I spin it and the drum will turn freely it just won't progress to a wash cycle. Door switch is OK, I did try to get a reading off the motor pins but they were all over the place leading me to think it's the motor.

Yeah, that's a tough call.  Like throwing darts on the board. Maybe you can try it first and if it's not return it?

Unfortunately the tech sheet doesn’t provide us with much more information on the motor control board. But there’s also definitely a chance that the door lock is bad, they’ll keep the tub from spinning

Like I said before it is like throwing darts at a board.  Yes there is a good chance it's the inverter (motor control board)