Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

boost505

Samsung washer occasionally leaks

boost505

Hello, I have a Samsung front loader (WF42H5000A) that occasionally leaks while running.  The strange thing is that it does not leak every time, just occasionally.

The first time it leaked I found the filter completely clogged, so I figured that would resolve the problem once cleared.

The second time, I found a key in the filter (but it was otherwise clear).

This last time I found hairband in the filter (but it was otherwise clear)

In between these incidents the washer has run without issue multiple times.  I suspect the problem is with a loose drain hose, but I figured before I tear the machine apart tonight, I'd ask if anyone has experienced these symptoms and can narrow down my troubleshooting.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

16345Ed

You need to narrow your search down. 

What cycle does it leak in?

darren412

Sounds like a lot of stuff from the clothing  is getting into your filter more than it really should.  You may want to check the articals of clothing a little better with every wash load. Once you start getting alot of different types of things accumulating in your filter , it increases the chance of something piercing and going through the tub to pump hose and then lodging itself in there.  and causing a real slow and tiny leak.   I would check the tub to pump hose thoroughly for something that may have penetrated the hose and is possibly slowly leaking from intermittent movement during the different cycles. Just an observation

EthanRanft

I don’t there’s an correlation between your clogged drain pump and the leak. One thing I run into a lot is house drains backing up. It’s possible yours only leaks whenever you’ve accidentally used too much soap.

You have to look for where you see evidence of water coming from. The front or the back, or underneath. As far as your house drain, you can stick a rag or something up there near the drain so that if it ever backs up, the rag will be wet