Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

jdschmidty

Samsung RF25HMEDBSR french door fridge is not cooling

jdschmidty

Hello all,

My Samsung french door fridge is not cooling. I used to get codes 14C and 40C (ice maker sensor and ice maker fan), I do not get any code now. Could the ice maker cause the compressor to not run properly?

Ordered a start relay assembly (that was the part name) because what I thought was the start relay did not have continuity, however, neither does the new on. Did I receive a bad new start relay or is it just a connector.  

Coils are free of ice, fans are working, and compressor is running (so I'm assuming it has freon). Appears to be no power to the compressor. Date of manufacturing: 2014.

Here is a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=RFA6kw94uGI

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Vance R

Confused by your post.

1 hour ago, jdschmidty said:

Coils are free of ice, fans are working, and compressor is running (so I'm assuming it has freon). Appears to be no power to the compressor. Date of manufacturing: 2014.

The compressor can't be running if there is no power.

• Like 1

evaappliance

In addition, if the compressor really is running and there it no frost on the evaporator, you have leaked out your Freon.  Need to call in an expert !

• Like 1

jdschmidty
5 hours ago, Vance R said:

Confused by your post.

The compressor can't be running if there is no power.

Check out the video.  When first plugging in there is a spike of power.  Then the compressor slows down and is only getting 18 VAC.

jdschmidty
2 hours ago, evaappliance said:

In addition, if the compressor really is running and there it no frost on the evaporator, you have leaked out your Freon.  Need to call in an expert !

The compressor slows down after start up and is only getting 18 VAC.

jdschmidty
6 hours ago, jdschmidty said:

Hello all,

My Samsung french door fridge is not cooling. I used to get codes 14C and 40C (ice maker sensor and ice maker fan), I do not get any code now. Could the ice maker cause the compressor to not run properly?

Ordered a start relay assembly (that was the part name) because what I thought was the start relay did not have continuity, however, neither does the new on. Did I receive a bad new start relay or is it just a connector.  

Here is a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=RFA6kw94uGI

Sorry, I meant to say 'low' power to compressor, 18 VAC.