Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

bob33

Maytag gemini mgr6775bds trouble shooting mode

bob33

I've a Maytag gemini mgr6775bds that will not light the upper oven despite a new igniter. 

How do I enter the trouble shooting mode to stop chasing putting in unneeded new parts? I can't find instructions on how to enter it for the trouble codes.

TIA!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

MrApplianceMatt

Is the igniter glowing? Do you have voltage to the igniter? Typically these units will not store error codes but will only display them when the condition for an error is present. You need to verify voltage to the igniter and what kind of amperage the igniter is pulling. If you have voltage to the igniter and it's glowing and you can measure the amperage and that amperage is sufficient to open the safety valve (3.2-3.7 amps typically) then you have a fuel delivery problem.

• Like 1

bob33

No voltage/not glowing.

Love Guinness as well!

bob33

Thanks; will try tonight to dig a bit more into this.

bob33

Igniter does work for broil but not bake. Might this mean something?

MrApplianceMatt

Trace the wires from each igniter back and look for a double line break relay. I've seen these go bad before in this way in their electric counterparts.