LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Samsung Refrigerator RFG297HD not making ice

I.M. Caine

My fridge quit making ice a couple months ago. The water still dispenses. The ice dispensing screw spins and the ice door in the door works. There is a "test switch" and I pressed it. Not sure what that does. Any ideas to trouble shoot this? Other forums have not helped. Thanks in advance. 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I.M. Caine

• bbeane

• EthanRanft

on the tag it say Model name

RFG297HDRS

model code

has a /XAA at the end  

these are from stickers on the inside of the fridge  

• 2 weeks later...

If nothing happens after pressing the test button for a couple seconds, the ice maker likely needs to be replaced. Especially if you can confirm power up to the ice maker

Thanks. I get water to dispense. And I held down the “test switch” for several second. I cannot confirm the power to the ice maker. The fridge is 8 years old. I’ll search on a replacement ice maker. 

• 1 month later...

Thank you. I bought an ice maker and replaced the old one. It was very simple to do. It worked. I have ice! I’m going to go have a bourbon on the rocks and toast appliantology.