LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Samsung Refrigerator - RSA1DTPE - Not cooling

dammert89

Good day all

So I have been struggling for about a week now to no avail.

I have a Samsung RSA1DTPE double door refrigerator/freezer. One Monday evening after coming home I saw the refrigerator's temperature was rising (It was working perfectly the previous day). So after reading through the service manual and testing a couple of components I am still clueless. Here is a brief summary of what I have tested so far:
1. I tested the resistance on the compressor while off (reading about 13.7 Ohms, as per the spec sheet it should be 14 Ohms)
2. I tested the voltage on the relay on the PCB (Getting 240V +- 2% which is what I expected) so the relay is fine
3. I can hear the compressor switching on and off intermittently 2 min off, 2 min on (Not sure of the timing, so the compressor is engaging.)
4. I have run the built in diagnostics on the refrigerator and I receive no abnormal checks.
5. Will the refrigerator is on, I can feel the compressor heating up.
6. All fans and thermistors are working and within their specified range (I think)
7. I have not tested the PTC or start capacitor yet (Advice on how?)

I hope this is enough info for you clever people to help me out. I bought this refrigerator about a month ago (second hand) and really don't want a 100+kg paper weight.

Model info:
Refrigerator model - RSA1DTPE
Rated voltage - 230-240V
Rated frequency - 50Hz
Rated current - 1.3A
Defrosting input - 320W
Climatic Class - T
Insulation Class of compressor windings - B
Rated max input of lamp - Freezer 1.6W
Rated max input of lamp - Refrigerator 1.6W
Refrigerant - R-600a
Refrigerant mass - 0.08kg