Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

mlaney

Not Cooling - Admiral side by side refrigerator model LSD2615HEW

mlaney

I have an Admiral  LSD2615HEW in my garage, moved it there 2 weeks ago from a working condition in the kitchen with no issues.  There have been no extreme temperatures recently  and hasnt been there long enough to create a dirt and dust problem. The previous refrigerator in the garage stopped cooling/freezing as well in the same spot a few weeks before, hence the new kitchen and garage swap process.  I am trying to determine if there is an electrical issues with the circuit in the garage that is killing something on the fridge or if this is a coincidence and what the possible repairs may be and are they worth it.

There is power to the unit, lights are working and I can hear the fans running, just not cold.  Where to start?  Relays, defrost timers, compressor, motherboards etc?  Also, we noticed the freezer going first, the refrigerator seemed to be cool for days after the freezer stopped.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!