LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Samsung NX58F5500SS/AA gas oven igniter issues

Nboucher

About a year ago my oven was “sputtering” while trying to get up to temp. Eventually it just wouldn’t ignite. Someone came and replaced what they called the Flame Regulator (what’s written on the invoice) That fixed my issue until about a month ago. Same issue is happening now. I start the preheat and it sounds like it’s “sputtering” like the flame isn’t staying lit and it takes longer to get up to temp. This time though I noticed while I was preheating the oven I had a stove burner on and every time the igniter in the oven went out the flame on the stove was affected.  I have no problem replacing that part if I knew what exactly it’s called but I also want to know that’s the issue. 

You need to get a multimeter with an amperage clamp and measure the amp draw of the oven igniter. Typically between 3.2-3.6 amps is what you're looking for. If the igniter isn't pulling the proper amperage then the gas safety valve for the oven will not open. You cannot check the igniter visually (unless it is physically damaged) as a weak igniter may glow but not draw enough power to open the gas valve.

• Like 1