Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Maytag dryer LDE7314ACE rumble

rokosz

vintage model that keeps on rolling. Before I assume its bearings or rollers I'm hoping someone here can provide a more confident opinion.

Here's a link to a quick vid of the unit in action. the rumble definitely  seems to be coming from the rear. Its gotten progressively louder the last month or so. And, I think, I heard it getting a bit more squealy/metallic -- if so, that comes and goes and isn't on this vid.Maytag Dryer rumble.

In the hopes of not accumulating more parts for devices I no longer own or never owned:  If a samurai might reply with links to the required parts?  Humbly appreciated

thank you all very much

That noise sounds like something may have fallen into the blower housing and is hitting on the blower wheel when it’s rotating. I would disassemble, check the blower wheel for obstruction and might as well check the rollers, belt and idler pulley while in there. 

• Like 1

you will need a new blower ,  very common .  inexpensive to fix , and will last longer than most new dryers

thanks folks.   I couldn't imagine how something (a sock?) might've gotten loose from the drum. But what they hey, I took the front panel off, visual inspection.   All looks normal.   put a wet load in an started it up.

Huh?  Sounds Fine.  Maybe it needs more weight.  Stopped it, put the cover back on and started another small wash load. Thought, let me listen again. Started the dryer. Ahh, there's the sound.  But why now? Well, I presume its "warmed" up.  With the cover off and rumbling it certainly seems like its the drum wheels, and definitely toward the back of the unit -- even if some of the noise seems to be transmitted through the drum itself (not a surprise right? given its name...)

A few years ago I replaced the blower wheel, last year the belt

most of the time when people use the term rumble , it ends up being the blower wheel , but sometimes the rear rollers will make squealing noise then if you let that go a while it will start making  a loud clattering noise.  if it is the drum rollers it is part # 12001541   you will need  2  

• 1 month later...

oh, yes, new drum rollers and spindles did the trick.  Thanks to all.  Upon dis-assembly I noted that the old/original washers on one roller had disintegrated.  my own intuition tells me thats really what the issue was (not the rollers themselves.  I didn't take the time to try  the new washers with the old rollers however.  )

I couldn't find a pair of those grabbers that remove the spring washer/clips locally.  But I did find a  "UTube"  that described using two pairs of vise-grips, and two finish nails.  lock each nail (perhaps bent) into each vgrip. put the points of the nails in the clips receiving holes and rolls the back sides of the vgrips against each other. As they roll the nail points spread the clip and Pop! off it comes.  And I mean that Pop! Be prepared for it to acrobat away like a housefly.    other info: Depending on the size of your clip you may need fairly small gauge finish nails. Luckily the ones I had on hand were just small enough.