Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Bosch B22CS30SNS started randomly dispensing water onto the floor, now won't dispense at all

sfarb

Hello All -

I've been trying to search for a similar problem but it is quite difficult!

Refrigerator: Bosch B22CS30SNS, approx 4 years old.

Last night, while sitting on my couch, I heard a strange "gushing" noise coming from the kitchen. I ran over to discover that the refrigerator was dispensing water all by itself all over and onto the floor. I desperately opened the freezer door, flipped the ice maker switch to off, and it eventually stopped dispensing water. After cleaning up the mess, I cautiously tried to push the water dispensing button but it did not activate. There is no clicking or valve opening noise. No noise or sound at all when I try to push the button. Absolutely nothing happens when I push the water dispensing button. The ice buttons still dispense but not consistently. I have to push the ice button many times, open the freezer door, close, try to push it again, and eventually it will activate and dispense some ice.

The light, lock button, and freezer/fridge temperature buttons still work.

I replaced the water filter shortly after this accident for good measure.

So here are my questions:
1. Is there some sort of panel reset that can be performed while the refrigerator has power or do I need to cut power from it completely?
2. While trouble shooting is there anything I can do in the interim to ensure that water does not flow to the dispense? Does having the ice maker button set to off prevent water from flowing to the door/dispenser?
3. The refrigerator is set into a cased compartment and I am nervous about trying to pull it out. Any suggestions?
4. Has this happened to anyone? Does anyone have any idea of what happened? My guess is something that controls the flow of water (solenoid valve?) malfunctioned and then died.

Thanks!

-Scott

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sfarb

• KCTBURY

Top Posters In This Topic

So after some trouble shooting and a quick call with Bosch, I decided to cut power to the refrigerator for 5 minutes to try and do a hard reset.  Once it powered back up, I turned on the ice maker and the water started dispensing again.  I tested the water button randomly for about an hour and it appears to be functioning as normal now.  

I'm still confused about what happened and am paranoid that at some point in the future it will randomly start spitting water out again, when I am not at home, and cause water damage.

Any additional insight would be welcomed!

Thanks,

-Scott