Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

maytag electric range MER7662WQ1

Brian B

when I first try to put the stove on bake, nothing happens. I press the buttons, and nothing. the same for a broil button push, just sais hi and then when I press start, nothing.

but when I pressed the auto clean button I thought I heard a rubbing sound. So, all buttons work except bake, broil, start, and when I press clean f5h is displayed.

Went to my board and I do get 120volts to it. took the board out and seen no damage and peeled the skin off and depressed the buttons, and they seem good.

Next, I took off the motor latch assembly and pushed the rod backwards to lock the door, now, how do I check the lock? at the board or at the switch on the assembly? I tested at the board and their was no continuity when locked. I f I checked the right place, am I looking at a new lock assembly?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian B

• tjweaver84

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Start button doesn't work, bake and broil doesn't work either. When I push clean, I get an F5 code and hear a rubbing sound. Has anybody seen a control lock, where you cant even put in diagnostics mode?

1 hour ago, Brian B said:

Has anybody seen a control lock, where you cant even put in diagnostics mode?

Do you mean control board? If a control board does not enter diagnostic mode, that indicates the control board is bad. Combine that with so many buttons not working and it seems more and more that it is a control board problem. F5 is either the door switch or door latch depending which code. Bake and broil should not have anything to do with the latch.

Is the oven locking on it's own or just when you manually lock it? The latch switch is on the Motor Latch Assembly. There is a cam which operates the switch based on the position the shaft is in. If you remove the assembly and latch manually without rotating the cam it will not show continuity.

As you have gained access to the latch assembly you can unplug the switch and check continuity at the switch then actuate switch yourself and see if the switch changes state.

If the board is looking for the switch to indicate that the door has latched in a set time period to throw a code, but the board is closing relay to start the door latch motor you could get the alarm. The cam is attached to the motor shaft, but to test the switch itself you can push the switch with finger or small screwdriver. And I meant to put this in the previous response but see that I missed it. You can put the oven in clean mode and check voltage across the door latch motor. You should have 120VAC. If there is voltage present and motor doesn't turn the motor is bad, if there is no voltage then it's the board.

Those motors tend to go if not used regularly so if you don't regularly run self clean it is very possible the motor is bad, but the motor should not cause the problem with the bake/broil/start not working, and if the board is good it should enter diagnostic mode

Thanks, I ordered my cust a door latch assembly because I done what you mentioned, I may have manually locked that latch, and tested open. Guess I'll find out!