Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
TedEBare

New Whirlpool Front loading Washer does not work at all NOW

11 posts in this topic

Whirlpool front loader Model # LHW0050PQ.

I have a front loading Whirlpool that will not run. It lights up and all seems normal, but nothing happens:rocketman: and normal door lock function does not operate any longer. This washer is less than 7 months old and has seen very little service (5 loads a week, MAX.).  I bought it at Lowes at a substantial discount due to a few minor scratches and a small dent:grr:. The door lock normally stays locked for two minutes after machine stops running as a safety feature. I cannot figure out how to get at the switch:huh: and what readings I should get on my ohm meter once I can get at it:grunt:. I am not a novice:withstupid: when it comes to machinery:armed: and technology:goober:, and I have been into many washers, but never a front loader. If anyone can tell me where to find a specific manual for this machine I would greatly appreciate it:notworthy:! Thanks in advance.

:cheers:

:tokin:Ted:gimmebeer:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

take a look at the door lock.....a couple inches above the square door catch youll see a round dot. there should be a little nub sticking out 1/4 inch kinda like the top of a retractable pen. very common for those to break off.

if it looks flush then its been broken off. if you can find a screw of proper diameter (no longer than 5/16 long) see if you can screw it on and get the unit going until you get a new door lock assembly. i dont advise to leave it like that as you are defeating a safety feature

Why not call for warranty service before doing something that might void this? ;)

good point pegi ....although if its a "scratch and dent special" bought with discount price it may be as is

Absolutely correct Hammer! As is it was. As far as nub on doorway, it is not that model type. It is a "Compact" front loader, 24" to be exact. So the screw deal does not apply, but thank you both for the input so far.

24" frontloader with a whirlpool label...hmmmm   doesnt sound like anything ive come across. repairclinic doesnt even have any decent pics of parts for this unit.

perhaps a foreign manufacturer/design with a whirlpool sticker....maybe post some pics......traditionally though with "lights on but nothing runs" complaint, very high on the list would be some sort of door actuating/locking/sensing component thats on the fritz

OHHHHHH NOOOOO

RUN ,  RUN AWAY

if it is one of those i believe its also distributed under the name "eurotech"

they are german or swedish design but built in italy.........ive only played with a couple of dryers though - havent had the ...."pleasure" of tinkering with a washer

That's It Peggy!!! Thank you so much! I am not going to run away!!! I have to fix this little monster as it doess a great job when working properly! Spins out like no other! Am going to diagnose via the manual you sent  me and will keep you posted as to what I find! I still think it is door lock/sensor mechanism, but we shall see. Thanks again Peg and Hammer!!! You guys are awesome.

Ted

You are very welcome, let us know how this comes out....;)