Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kenmore Elite 795.74012.412 icemaker tray won't rotate back up.

soulweeper

Kenmore Elite 795.74012.412. Heard this weird noise last night from the icemaker. Opened the freezer, and the ice cube tray looked stuck in an almost upside down position, and kind of lopsided.

My wife reached in, grabbed an icecube out that looked like maybe it was jamming it. I reached in, barely touched it, and something sounded like it exploded, and it was the icecube tray popping completely out of the icemaker, and was hanging there by the wires.

Pulled everything out, and got in there, got the tray back in, and it was still in a near upside down position. I'm assuming an icecube must have got jammed, and upon rotating to dump ice, force the tray right out. Anyhow, I thought after a bit, it would just resume as normal.

That didn't happen, and I found out there is a reset switch. Pushed that, and it continued it's rotation downward, and went upside down, as if to dump ice, then rotates back to about where it was stuck, and stops again. Tried this several times, same thing every time.

I'm assuming it's toast, and we do have the extended warranty, but they can't come until the 31st. Not the end of the world, but can't help wonder if there is something I am missing, that I could do, that will make it work. Maybe it just won't, but it's obviously not "frozen" in one position, as it goes a little further upon pressing the reset button, and then gets stuck on the way back up.

Anyway, if anyone knows a trick, or if this just sounds like it's toast, I'd appreciate the input.

Thanks, in advance! :)

4 hours ago, john63 said:

New icemaker needed.

Figured as much, but with it still having movement, hoping there was another "reset" or something. Appreciate the confirmation.

Hope Sears shows up with an icemaker, after having to wait over 3 weeks, and doesn't just diagnose it, to have us wait three more weeks.

No.

Icemaker diagnostics on the LG refrigerators (especially the in-door type) are fairly straightforward.

They will either not cycle at all (test mode) or jam.

Edited by john63

9 hours ago, john63 said:

No.

Icemaker diagnostics on the LG refrigerators (especially the in-door type) are fairly straightforward.

They will either not cycle at all (test mode) or jam.

Thank you again. So I'd assume that the Sears guy will show up with an icemaker, since I would hope they know how straightforward they are. At least I hope they bring one with them, after three weeks wait.

never assume sears guys will have anything with them !  LOL !   time is meaningless to sears !    they do still have some good servicemen few and far between,  hope you get lucky !  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, evaappliance said:

never assume sears guys will have anything with them !  LOL !   time is meaningless to sears !    they do still have some good servicemen few and far between,  hope you get lucky !  

Thanks, haha. They have to know that icemakers generally aren't repairable, so you'd think they'd be proactive, and have one. If they just look, and determine it's toast, and say they'll be back in another three weeks, that will not sit well with me.