The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Guest Rayo

Whirlpool duet washer

4 posts in this topic

My duet washer routinely stops during the any part of the cycle and displays code "F02" and the tone sound. All I have to do is hit the cancel button once and then the start button and the machine starts at the cycle it shut down. Also many times it gives a "SUD" message, but we have reduced the detergent to miniall and it still happens. It has even happened when I ran the cycle without any detergent.:?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Run the washer through a couple cycles with no detergent to completely clear the drum of detergent residue.  We need to eliminate the possible effects of chronic overdosing with detergent in order to complete our diagnosis. 

I ran the washer thru five cycles without any detergent or clothes and the machine worked fine. On the sixth time, I loaded it with clothes but NO DETERENT and got the same F02 problem.

Clean out the pump filter.  If that doesn't fix it, replace the pump.

00226047.jpg