LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kitchenaid kco253cu toaster oven

winger88

Hi All, 

This toaster oven works on the "toast" function, but on any other function it does not (eg, bake, broil, etc) 

Does anyone have a repair manual or guide?

Thanks!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vance R

• winger88

• Walter G

• 16345Ed

Not much information on this unit out there on the net. Looks like you can only get trim pieces, racks  and knobs. This would be a tinkering project.

So I ended up tracing all the wires and building a circuit diagram. Was then able to trace everything and turns out its the main rotary switch that is busted. 

HUA LI LAI FZ31-9

• 6 months later...

winger88 orVance R the part FZ31-9 is a 8 pin 4 position rotary switch for the Kitchen Aid toaster oven, model KCO253CU.   What part discription did you use to fix the Warm, broil, bake, toast switch?  all i can find is a 9 pin 4 position rotary switch!  can you use a 9 pin and cut one off or did you use a different part and would you be as kind as to let me know how you fix it or where you got the part from?

I would very thankful for your help.

Walter G.

On 12/22/2019 at 11:34 AM, winger88 said:

HUA LI LAI FZ31-9

This one on ebay.

thanks for the reply, the problem is FZ31-9  has many versions, exp. it comes as a 9 pin 5 position rotary switch and  8 pin 6 position rotary switch,  it is NOT a single designated part number it is a multiple configured switch with many different versions ALL listed as FZ31-9.  

So need to know which configuration of FZ31-9 did you order IE. the one for the Kitchen aid is a (double unit 8 pin 4 position rotary switch)  if you ordered a double unit  9 pin one 4 position switch???  if you did , does it work like a 8 pin 4 position switch?

Thats what is confusing with this part it comes in many configurations and is NOT just a single item part number, you have to know how many pins (terminals) the switch has and how many positions (functions) on the dial.

greatfully awaiting your reply,

Walter G

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The problem is not related on numbers of contacts (9 or8) and numbers of positions.This switch  must be ONLY for KitchenAid compact oven KCO 253, since every position of it relates with specific circuits and depends on internal geometry of decoding cylinder.

Is there somebody who can reveal a secret where to buy this Function Switch for KitchenAid Compact Oven KCO253?

• 1 year later...

My KCO 253 CU oven also has this 4 position "Function" switch failure.

I have been unable to locate anywhere a replacement.

Can anyone help?

thanks

• 1 year later...
On 9/20/2022 at 9:42 PM, lbam said:

My KCO 253 CU oven also has this 4 position "Function" switch failure.

I have been unable to locate anywhere a replacement.

Can anyone help?

thanks

Im not 100% sure but the switch is made up of two switches, one of which is a 4 position 6 pin swicth FZ*** which is the one that burnt out in my case.  I just ordered it but haven't received it yet.  I was looking for an electrical corcuit diagram to make sure I install it correctly....can anyone help?  When i looked in the internet I couldn't find an 8 pin 4 position switch and then i realized that there were 2 switches working in tandem.....

On 9/20/2022 at 9:42 PM, lbam said: