Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
perch38

noisy dryer

3 posts in this topic

I have a ge washer dryer combo. i had it about 2 years now. the dryer has started making a noise like you were drying a pair of sneakers in it.the noise gets loud then soft after a while then loud again. when i turn the tumbler i barely hear it. also the tumbler wobbles up and down (it has play in it) is that normal? are the bearing gone in it? whats the problem. thanks in advance .also i look at the faq's on noisy dryers nothing seemed to help me

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Perch,  sounds to me that your drum support bearing broke,  it's a nylon piece that the shaft support rests in when turning.  It's located at the rear of the dryer.   To replace this the top and front must be removed.  The belt taken off and the drum lifts up from the support.  Then the support bearing is replaced along with the bearing bracket.  You would have to inspect the shaft support to see if it's ok,  this is what rests in the bearing support and mounts to the drum,  but you should be ok with this.  For an experienced tech,  its not too hard,  just depends how mech.  inclined you are.  Part # are....drum support bearing  WEO3x1002.   Bearing bracket....WE13x10009.   Shaft support if you need it...WE13x10011...Ron

so the play shouldnt be in the tumbler right