Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kitchenaid under counter KUI15PHZS0 icemaker, resetting constantly, beeping

nolazach

Ice maker,  had a bad fill valve.  Was making tiny ice and reservoir wasn't filling.  Changed water valve,  ran diagnosis,  and reservoir filled right up. 

Let it run normally,  it fills,  then when it's about to cycle the compressor on,  it beeps like it's being turned on again.   Then drains a bit,  then fills until full,  then beeps and starts over again.  

Very odd, was not doing this before the valve but would be odd to be unrelated.  

The diagnostic process is easy.  You turn on and hold "clean and on" then max ice to advance.  Fill is step four.   Step six is compressor,  and it runs and cools. the hot valve works too.

Steps one through three  test thermistor and all test normal.  

It's a very odd issue to have.  

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nolazach

• Son of Samurai

• bapselectrical

• EthanRanft

KUIC15NHZS

Sorry wrong model number,  don't know how to edit post.  

bapselectrical

Sounds like it is stuck in clean cycle. 

Set it to ice maker mode.

Hope that helps

Turned off and on, cut power to the unit.  Restated.   Again it runs and resets,  it isn't running non stop as in clean. 

Went and looked at it again.  Reset power.  Started.  Seemed ok.  

Then thirty minutes later problem returned.  

Im going to change the control board I guess.   It's like no one has ever had this problem before.    When a problem is wonky and you can't find an answer,  replace the brains and go from there.   

I'll renew my membership if anyone can answer this.    Please...

What's going on????

• Team Samurai
On 1/15/2020 at 9:26 PM, nolazach said:

Steps one through three  test thermistor and all test normal. 

You can't rely on diagnostic mode thermistor tests; those will only show if the thermistors are open or shorted, not if they're out of spec (which is how they usually fail). You'll want to check the thermistors' resistances against the measured compartment temperatures. The ice bin thermistor is a particularly common bad actor in these models.

UI measured the bin thermistor,  but in my experience that particular thermistor will cause the unit to not operate and the max ice or clean light to flash.  I didn't check the evap thermistor because it'll run on a timed cycle  when it's bad. 

I should check the bin thermistor again. Maybe I missed something on the resistance to temp chart.  It was not opened or shorted though.  

It's a pulling hair out thing because these are common units, but I've never heard of this issue.  

Do I have to reapply or can I renew as a former tech member? 

Can't see it,  though.  Can you tell me if it's related to the beeping??