LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

KFIV29PCMS03 Fridge Evap coils Not receiving freon

Yazmany

2009 KitchendAid Refrigerator KFIV29PCMS03

hello, 

I have a dual evap system fridge and the fridge cabinet part is not cooling at all.

I found that the evap coils are not frosting up which tells me that it's not receiving freon. The fan does not turn on and the damper is in the closed position.

The freezer evap is doing just fine.

I ran thru the diagnostics on the User Interface and the thermistor are good and when I turned on the compressor, i felt freon going into the fridge evap coils. Also the fridge evap fan turns on and the damper door opens. I tested the fridge evap thermistor and tested out fine.

Please help, I dont know what else to check. The only thing I know that might be is the temp control board but I dont think so because the freezer is working fine.

7 hours ago, Yazmany said:

i felt freon going into the fridge evap coils.

???? You felt it? Did you see them frost up?

By running test 4 of diagnostic you done the preliminary test of the sealed system. Which sounds positive, you got some kind of cooling during test. So manually the sealed system. fans and damper work. Now you will need to move on to the control circuits

The test in diagnostic for the thermistor only show errors for open or shorted. Good first test, next you have to unplug refrigerator from the wall,  find the correct connector on the board for the thermistors and unplug it. Take resistance reading of FF and FF defrost thermistors. Also it would be a good idea to measure the FRZ and FRZ defrost thermistors. Take those reading and compare to the temperature/rsistance chart to get each thermistor temperature. Then compare those valves to actual temperatures. If the 2 values are within  6 F degrees the thermistor is good. If more than 6 F degrees that circuit has a problem, usually the thermistor has changed and is out of spec. You have to re test at the thermistor and check connection for corrosion, loose or broken wires and check for water infiltration.

The thermistors provide information the board needs to control temperatures in the FF section.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Yazmany said:

Yes during test mode I felt the freon travel to fridge coils and were starting to frost up.

Great news now follow Vance’s advice...

• 2 years later...

I just ran to a similar problem, but the water and ice dispenser were not working as well. Changed the board because there was too many unrelated problems at once, the board fixed the water and ice dispenser, but there's still no cooling inside the fridge and the freezer is fine, also did test number 4.