LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Frigidaire double wall oven Model# FGET3045KFA

Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet

Initial problem was the top oven door latch did not work. Tested lock motor applying 120v.- lock motor was bad. Replaced lock motor and the new motor continued to lock and unlock, never stopping. Checked micro switch and it was good. Checked voltage at relay control board to motor and it was suppling 120v even if cycle was canceled. Replaced the main relay board and still the same. I then replaced the control panel board and still the same. Check door switch. Good. So, how could the lock motor be getting continues voltage? I believe these are the only components within the circuit. If anyone can help with this diagnosis I would so appreciate it. Thank you for your time.  

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vance R

• Silver Bullet

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you checked the door switch wires to the module. Looks like P8 pins 3 and 5.  On power up the board will turn on the lock motor to cycle it until it reached home position. 

Silver Bullet

I  checked that and it appears to be good. Are you saying even though the light comes on when you open the door and off when its shut, are you saying it could still be in the wiring?