LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

WOLF SO30 S/F will not heat more than 250 deg.Broiler inop.

LJMark

Hello all,

I have a 10 year old WOLF SO30 S/F  single oven that wont go over 250Deg. and the broiler does not work at all. I have reviewed a like post with the same oven and a like concern but the solder connectors on the DLB relay are ok. There is 120vac on one end of the relay and when the broiler/oven is turned on the output of the relay is also 120vac.( the other post states there should be 220vac?) There is power through the thermal switch and back up to the relay for the broiler and all the rest of the relays. The relay for the broiler is felt and heard to click. In fact there is power to all the elements and figure the relay just completes the circuit. The control panel passes all the functional tests in the manual and there are no current fault codes although there has been an intermittent code for "relay stuck" The relay board was replaced in 2016 by the wolf service tech for another problem that was not apparent to us and was was done under partial goodwill. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

LJMark

The heating elements are 220 vac. To get good usable readings of voltage you must use L1 or L2 for one lead, L2 is normally used for measurements. There are 2 relays and the thermal limiter used for bake.  Start with terminal block  L1 to L2 should be 220 vac. If that is good turn on the bake and measure terminal PR1  to DBL it should be 220 vac. If that is good measure across the element it should be 220 vac. From your post it sound like you lost one of the (L) voltages

• Like 2

Hi Vance, Sorry for the delay; checked voltage from L1 to L2 and I have 244 vac. But from PR1  to DBL  with the oven on I have 0.0 vac. I can feel it starting to warm up though. Not so familiar with AC voltage and its fundamentals as i have always worked with automotive 12-14 vdc and now 48 vdc.

From your measurements one of the relays is working correctly. If you feel them click it is either burnt points or poor solder connection. The basic fundamentals of measurements and troubleshooting is very similar for ac and dc.

Still not sure how or where the voltage becomes 220 vac. Each relay clicks depending on what portion of the oven i turn on. I had an electronics friend replace the set of relays on the relay board  in september with the exact same relays as you would hear one of the relays chattering. There was no change initialay but soon after the oven worked fine until Christmas day when the turkey was half way done and once again a relay began chattering.😬 luckily it fired back up long enough to finish dinner. hasnt worked since and no chattering to isolate the suspect relay. I was trying to avoid the $500 relay board.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/830457/Wolf-Wall-Ovens.html?page=82#manual