Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Whirlpool Dryer LER7646DQ0 tripped circuit

P-Soup

This dryer has worked well for a long time, but after drying a load of clothes, I went to start another load. Realized there was no power coming to dryer. Verified 30AMP dual pole circuit breaker was tripped. Reset breaker and started a load of clothes. Got nervous as I was going to bed, so shut off after 5 minutes for inspection the next day. Dryer seemed to be heating more than normal as I could noticeably feel significant heat when I opened the door after just a few minutes. Definitely, seemed hotter than normal. Turned breaker back off and went to bed. Since then, I have checked continuity on all fuses and thermo's. Nothing seemed out of spec. Even heated the Dryer Cycling Thermostat to about 175. Did not close circuit until closer to 200? Any ideas?

I have not cleaned the entire vent line as it is close to 25 feet or more in length, but as far as I could reach my hand in, seemed clear. Also, dryer itself was mostly very clean with little lint inside the machine...

Good idea!! It may be the vent hose, but that sucker goes from the ground floor and out of the roof on the second floor. Good 25 feet at least. My HOA is doing a free cleaning in like 3 weeks. Ha!!

Follow up question... does it matter which wire goes on which lead of the thermos? I can't remember which lead the red with white stripe came off of vs the solid red wire?

I would definitely take the opportunity to have them clean out the vent. The wires don’t really matter as long as you have them going to the same thermostat it was attached to. 

• Like 2

Thanks for all of the advise guys! I think I am equipped to solve the issue now...

Very last question: One of the little thermo lead disconnects broke, so I cut it off the wire and replaced with a Home Depot disconnect. It's the "fully insulated" one with the yellow plastic/vinyl material around it. Says it's good up to 600v? I assume that will be OK to use with 240v dryer? My experience is slight when it comes to 240...

Long as the connections are tight you should be fine, but it is difficult to get a crimp on to be tight enough 

• Like 1