Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kenmore (LG) 795.73266300 evaporator fan not running

larrywick

Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
The freezer is cold the refrigerator is not getting as cold as it should. The freezer has been slowly collecting ice at the top right behind the door seal even though the seal is tight. I hear the compressor running but the evaporator fan is not running and not blowing cold down to refrigerator below. I assume that the fan should always run at the same time as the compressor and the circulating air would prevent this ice buildup. I have removed the plastic cover over the control board and found a test button on said board. When I press it it first seems to shut everything down, second press seems to turn everything on including the evaporator fan (so I know the fan will function). Is there a sensor that could be failing or is the board bad? There isn't a tech sheet that I have found so I don't really know the actual tests being done by the test button. Anyone know?
Thanks for any help!
Larry

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• larrywick

• MichTech517

Top Posters In This Topic

Anytime the compressor is running the fans should also be running however circulating air will not necessarily guarantee no ice build up. 

Edited by MichTech517

Are you sure that the evap fan in actually functioning when you press the button? I would check to make sure the evap fan doesn’t have ice frozen on it preventing it from rotating. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the input. I pulled the back panel off and ice on the fan was not issue, plus when the test button turns the fan on (I hear it running) I feel air flow in both the freezer and the fridge.