Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Fisher Paykel dd24dctx7 top drawer won’t start

csx4127

does this unit have a limit switch for the drawers 

when I open the top drawer it never “wakes up” / turns on. 
for a while I could push the drawer to one side to make it start.  
now no go.  

The door switch is in the main control board , it’s an infra red light beam that goes out the Rh side through the light tubes on the tub it bounces through a prism in the side of the cabinet and then back into the board 

swap the control boards between the drawers to confirm it’s a board issue 

on the odd occasion I’ve seen enough cockroach crap on the sensors enough to block  the beam

• Like 2

Swapped controller with bottom unit  bottom works top still does not 

it looks to be lined up with the 2 clear plastic circles on the side but still doesn’t wake up when I open door.  And when I press start it beeps a few times but will not run 

There is a receiver piece on the frame , the infrared is emitted through the 2 tubes on controller and then basically reflected back when properly aligned. 

You can remove  the recieve prism from the frame and hold it closer to the door tubes and see if it works. I always start with a prism, they are just a few bucks, then if necessary replace board.

2 hours ago, vunger1 said:

You can remove  the recieve prism from the frame and hold it closer to the door tubes and see if it works. I always start with a prism, they are just a few bucks, then if necessary replace board.

Considering I’ve repaired thousands of these units in the last 14 years the only prism I have really had to replace was the one that wasn’t there 

at some time during manufacture many years ago well before phase 7 units they had a defect with the cabinet and would supply a prism with the new module as it was out a couple of mm 

ive also had cabinets where the rivers that hold the cabinet together at the back pop and so the cabinet was twisted so the light beams wouldn’t work , along with units that weren’t level in the first place and have a twisted cabinet

21 minutes ago, J5* said:

Considering I’ve repaired thousands of these units in the last 14 years the only prism I have really had to replace was the one that wasn’t there 

at some time during manufacture many years ago well before phase 7 units they had a defect with the cabinet and would supply a prism with the new module as it was out a couple of mm 

ive also had cabinets where the rivers that hold the cabinet together at the back pop and so the cabinet was twisted so the light beams wouldn’t work , along with units that weren’t level in the first place and have a twisted cabinet

So in your opinion is it usually a board failure? 

On 2/21/2020 at 2:37 PM, vunger1 said:

So in your opinion is it usually a board failure? 

Door switch issue is pretty unusual but yes normally board fault

actually did one this week which was intermittent 

• 9 months later...

Having swapped bottom control unit with the top one and it not changing anything do you still think it could be control unit?

6 hours ago, csx4127 said:

Having swapped bottom control unit with the top one and it not changing anything do you still think it could be control unit?

Did you check the prism ?