LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Lg compressor

bonedano

Kenmore 795.7409411

Ordered replacement compressor. They sent me tca35111303, fc90lbna. Compressor terminal plug doesn't match with new compressor. I was not advised on anything else to change. Wrong compressor or need something else?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vance R

• bonedano

• Budget Appliance Repair

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't get your model to come up. What was the original compressor number? LG start subbing compressor with different pin configurations. The compressors are the same internally, they just change pin layout. Old style the wires went down at the 6 o'clock position. Newer style you rotate wires to the 4 o'clock position. Should be a black cover in the box to replace the white cover.

You left out the number 2 or 3 in the model number, (Just the color code), so it can be 795.74092411 or 795.74093411

Did some lookup and both of the above both show using different compressors - the 795.74093411 comes up with what you have.

Also, are you just doing this compressor replacement yourself?

If so are you aware that the new compressor most likely isn't going to work without doing the required firmware board update?   If this is one of the new universal compressors that will be the case but I can't determine if it is or not, (there will usually be paperwork to attach to the back stating it has the new universal compressor and software update).

After some research it appears this one doesn't use the universal compressor, but I could be wrong.

This unit also has the 3-way valve that you have to know how to put into home position before pulling a vacuum on your sealed system - do you know anything about this?

2 hours ago, Budget Appliance Repair said:

After some research it appears this one doesn't use the universal compressor, but I could be wrong.

Tca3511130* series doesn't sub to universal compressor.

Still would like to know part number off of the compressor. Should start with F, and be 2 or 3 letters then 2 or 3 numbers then end with 4 letters. 

BTW Kenmore Elites usual have extended warranty on sealed system and/or compressor. Check the owners manual.

Sorry for the model#. 795.74093411 is the correct number. I have changed many compressors but never an LG. Didn't know about the 3 way valve. The pin configuration is upside down from the plug. I rarely ask for help but this project has me a little confused and can't find any information on my delimma. The old compressor had been removed already but the guy never came back to finish. The lines were taped off . I had read about the software update but nothing is telling me that needs to be done

1 hour ago, bonedano said:

The pin configuration is upside down from the plug

Please double check the number on the old compressor to make sure you have correct replacement. Looking it up i come up with your model number its shows a tca36491302 as the compressor. 

LG changed vendors on some of there compressors. That when the pin were changed, rotating the connector so the wire are at 4 o'clock position. Have pictures if you are still confused.  Just plug in the refrigerator and put your hand on the 3-way valve. It will vibrate stop and vibrate again all in about 6 seconds then unplug. Option 2 is to plug in refrigerator and push the button on the main board once, you'll hear 1 beep wait 30 seconds and unplug. Remove the drier and cut open to inspect. Clean beads you are good to go. Black powder you'll need to blow out with nitrogen. Prefer to blow out high and low side in reverse direction of normal flow. Burnt black oil means you'll need to flush. Let us know if you need to do this step. Install the compressor and new drier - pull a vacuum as best you can - 500 microns or less for 45 minute is LGs recommendation. Drop in the measured charge.