Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

whirlpool dw WDT750SAHZ0 - how do i run a diagnostic?

wendyvt

Hi! newbie here! i've got a whirlpool dw WDT750SAHZ0 that has worked fine for over 6 months of daily use -- i bought it from a "scratch-n-dent" store. just yesterday, dw lights showed "clean."  i oped the dw, and the dishes were all dirty. tried to run it again, then realized there's no water getting into dw. i checked the float, and i hear a faint "click," so i'm thinking that part is ok. i put the dw into a cycle mode, and i do hear a motor which i'm assuming would be a water pump running, but inside is dry as a bone when i open it up. now i'm assuming it's the water inlet valve. (that being said, i do have a mouse problem -- little bugger just chewed up my printer power chord. could mickey have eaten some of the wiring on the water inlet valve?) sidenote: i did check the water supply and it's on, as always -- it's just saddled into my hot water supply for my kitchen sink so it's can't be off unless i turn it off at the source. 

since we live way out in appalachia, finding an appliance repairman will be an exercise in extreme patience, and i'd like to be able to at least give him a hint before he drives all the way out here, only to find he doesn't have my particular water inlet valve. i was wanting to run a diagnostic test. unfortunately, there is no instruction on how to do so with this model. the only instructions i've found say to hit the "rinse" cycle. there is no "rinse" cycle on this model. it's got "sensor/heavy/normal/1-hour wash/soak & clean." there's no display either. on the other hand, am i just "pissin' up a drain pipe" even bothering with a whirlpool self-diagnostic? is it of any value?

oh, did i mention that being the scaredy cat that i am, in order to block the mouse, i sprayed copious amounts of foam insulation into every crevice i could find, including the sides of the dw kickplate? 😳

thanks in advance!

wendy

🙂

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vance R

• wendyvt

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually on the back of the toeplate there is envelope with the tech sheet. This will have procedures and error codes you need to troubleshoot. While your getting the tech sheet look for obvious damage by the mouse. Could be as easy as chewed wires.