Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Samsung RF28R7351SG/AA Forced Defrost

Jman6977

Anyone know how to get to the forced defrost mode on a Samsung RF28R7351SG/AA refrigerator? My ice maker tray is frozen to the inside of the ice maker compartment. Defrosting the entire fridge isn't an option for me right now. Thanks, Jeff.

Yeah, forced defrost won’t help much. You’ve got a major issue. Samsung has been revising the service bulletin on this for about 2 years. They still haven’t developed a full proof solution but the one the have will cost you probably $500 in parts and another couple hundred in labor. 

10 hours ago, Jman6977 said:

Anybody? Your site says you have the service manual available.

This site does have service manuals and service bulletins, But NOT for unpaid DIY's - you have to be a tech and pay the price to be a full member by paying the yearly fee or contributing useful information and help.

• Like 1

This youtube should help that

Samsung Fridge Ice Machine Freezing up. Easy FIX (MY ICE TRAY IS FULL AGAIN)

503K views
Save

And the video says to put it into forced defrost mode. Since I have a different control panel with different labels on the controls, the obvious choices don't work. So why is it so hard to get the simple directions on how to get into forced defrost for this model, RF28R7351SG/AA?

It the pattern that is important. Upper key on left, on right second one down at the same time. It you hear a chime or get a display chance when touch the keys, they were not pushed at the same time. It work for only about 50% of the time on first try. Have had to have customers do it for me on bad days.

Thanks, I'll look up those keys. The panel on this one is vertical. Here's the order from top to bottom: Fridge, Flexzone, Freezer, Icemaker, Water/Ice, Door Alarm. Door Alarm unlocks the panel. With the panel unlocked, I've tried Fridge and Freezer, Fridge and Icemaker, Fridge and Flexzone, and Fridge and Water/Ice. The only result I got was the panel would flash twice when pressing Fridge and Freezer,  then return to normal.

Figured it out. Press Fridge and Flexzone until panel starts flashing. Then press Freezer until Fd appears.

• 2 months later...

This helped with my fridge to initiate forced defrost, however, after 2 hours of cycles I still couldn't open the bin.i think it's frozen solid.  I guess next step is to empty frig and unplug for a day. 

Any other recommendations?

Put towels on the floor to catch excess water from defrost or pull the refrig and take off back cover to drain the defrost pan as needed. depending your temp may take couple of days.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I tried the keys (Fridge and Flexzone) holding them waiting for the screen to flash - Nothing happened.

I have the same issue of the ice maker freezing up...I need to do a “force defrost” but somehow, all other DIY videos are of older models and state using different key combinations.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

The most popular buttons are upper left and second down on the right. Push at the same time and hold. What is your model number?

Thank you!! I had to repeat this three times and I was able to take the leftover bits of ice by hand.

Now....I re-did the command codes to the next one after FD and the screen went blank.  I am assuming that was for routine function, correct?

Now, I am unable to get any water from the fridge?  Do I need to do anything else?

Thank you in advance -

17 minutes ago, Samsung_Side said:

What are Mode 1, Mode 2, Mode 3, and Mode 4?

Makes the compressor and all fans run then step the 4-way to cool different compartments. FD is forced defrost for all compartments. If you push the button until the blank screen comes up it will exit the forced mode and return to normal operation.

• 10 months later...
Samsung Smart Screen

I have a Samsung Smart Screen . I can remove the tray but the ice maker itself is frozen over. Where are the forced defrost buttons on this unit?