Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

KRMF706ESS00- Power issues?

ameritech

A few months ago I installed control board part #WPW10624574 on a Kitchenaid french door KRMF706ESS00. That restored power and unit worked fine till the other day customer said same thing no power/no lights. I had him do a hard reset and and its been working fine for a few days.  he doesn't recall any power surges recently.

Could he have a bad receptacle? He wants me to come out and put a surge protector on it, so I will check it then.

Any surge protectors you recommend?

Also, I didn't see any error codes but I wasnt able to find a tech sheet to get in and possibly check either.

Jared

I am having the exact issue on same model , it was like no power to the refrigerator ,but 120v to the power board unplug it and plugged it back after 1 minute ,came back on with out error other that lost power indicator 

the customer said she turned off the breaker to the  refrigerator  4 to 6 months ago for the same problem  

after reading your post I'm hesitant to replace the control board. they did have people doing work at the house ,could voltage drop trigger this kind of problem? 

kurt

• 4 months later...

I know it's been a while, but I just wanted to add that I never got called back on the call (it was warranty) so I'm not sure the outcome. The customer said he was going to pick up a surge protector,  but he also said if it acted up again it was going to the curb. So this one remains a mystery...

• 3 months later...

I am posting here because I have a call on a 3-1/2 year old Kitchen Aid refrigerator that has been beeping and sending a PO code all night long.  Any ideas?  I have read this unit has an inverter compressor and it could be not cooling properly.  However the customer seems to think it’s cooling fine.  He unplugged it for 6 hours last night.  Woke up, plugged it in and it is still saying PO.  I guess I will check it out.  Got to love these newer whirlpool boxes.  Ugh.  

11 hours ago, David Jero said:

I am posting here because I have a call on a 3-1/2 year old Kitchen Aid refrigerator that has been beeping and sending a PO code all night long.  Any ideas?  I have read this unit has an inverter compressor and it could be not cooling properly.  However the customer seems to think it’s cooling fine.  He unplugged it for 6 hours last night.  Woke up, plugged it in and it is still saying PO.  I guess I will check it out.  Got to love these newer whirlpool boxes.  Ugh.  

This sounds like the board in the drawer is full of water,  check under that board for water/corrosion 

1 hour ago, isaac said:

This sounds like the board in the drawer is full of water,  check under that board for water/corrosion 

It’s wasn’t that problem.  The freezer wasn’t cooling properly because it had a defrost problem that stopped the freezer fan motor.  I replaced the defrost sensor. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2020 at 7:28 PM, isaac said:

The first thing I looked for.  Not this one. 5 door.  Wire connection on the left door.  

• 3 weeks later...

Just went to one of these today.

Runs and cools and then just blacks out- comes back with PO

Given the posts above- seems to be somewhat common eh?

• 2 months later...
Denver Todd
On 12/1/2020 at 5:28 PM, isaac said:

Isaac, are you referring to item 41 on page 8 of parts list? 

Edited by Denver Todd

57 minutes ago, Denver Todd said:

Isaac, are you referring to item 41 on page 8 of parts list?

Yes , believe @isaacis refering the ui of the deli drawer. Common issue.

Denver Todd
42 minutes ago, Vance R said:

Yes , believe @isaacis refering the ui of the deli drawer. Common issue.

What are the symptoms? I have a buddy who had an order to work on a machine that would go dead intermittently, like once every six months, and unplugging and replugging brought it back to life. He didn't know what direction to take. But what is the fix, to just change out the crisper UI board?

There are a buch of symptoms from complete shutdown to weird issues happening intermiitently. Remove the deli UI board to inspect. It may have water/liquid in the tray as well as corrosion. The corroision can follow the wires into the drawer. The wire harness from the drawer to the side part liner travels along the drawer rails and can get pinches and breaks. The dc loading could possibly damage the main, power supply boards. Hope your friend gets off with an easy fix.

• 1 month later...

I have a KRMF706ESS1 with this same PO intermittent error.

Customer first notice Freezer Evap Fan motor grinding on Ice. I speculate ice build-up due to Defrost Sensor position (WPL has Bulletin on it), one of the 5 door/drawer gaskets not sealing, and/or dirty condenser on a fridge that requires vasoline to squeeze it into the surrounding cabinet, (not external heat exhaustion).

FC evap fan no longer running.

Condensation now dripping from Left Fresh food Door onto deli User Interface board. I do not see any broken wires in or around that drawer. Nor on the left door.

I try to run Service Tests but the machine turns off and on every time.

Does this theory make sense to you:

Defrost sensor position lead to ice-build up and stopped movement of Evap fan motor in freezer.

This caused excessive moisture around fridge door seal to drip onto Left Deli drawer UI, possibly arcing or causing electrical damage to Main PCB which is now intermittently dropping voltage.

Bad: Defrost Sensor, UI on deli drawer, and Main PCB.

I'm not a Parts Changing Monkey, but I know that I don't know the theory of operation for this model. Isn't the Main PCB responsible for Power Distribution to all other components and PCB/UI on this model. I'll attach the Service Man.

58 minutes ago, Here Now Tech said:

Bad: Defrost Sensor, UI on deli drawer, and Main PCB.

Thinking 2 out of the 3 - thermistor replacement as per service bulletin, disconnect ui to check loading on main board.

Replace ui and if needed the main board.

Updated service pointer for evap issue is w11092686.

Edited by Vance R
spelling

How would the deli UI board cause intermittent power loss? 

11 hours ago, Here Now Tech said:

Loads down the DC supplies, causes all kinds of odd issues.

12 hours ago, Here Now Tech said:

The low voltage power supply is "just big enough" to handle normal operation. If something uses too much, it drops the voltage causing weirdness and/or will completely die turning off everything.

Edited by Terry Carmen