Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kitchenaid kebc107kss05 Oven glass replacement

mnr3

kebc107kss05 Superba Wall Oven

common issue: Kitchenaid Wall Oven door handle gets loose; homeowner (me) slightly overtorques (really, barely past snug) handle and cracks glass of exterior panel. cursing follows, then acceptance that big ticket part is needed. oh well.

not so common complication: when I took the old door apart to clean out glass/debris, I found 2 mystery parts and have no clue where they go--2 small rubber bumpers. These are identical to the 2 rubber bumpers that are installed in the main oven body for when the door closes (item #4 on 1st parts diagram). They are round and flat on one side that faces exterior/door and cone-like on other side to insert into a small hole on oven frame. No parts diagram or tech sheet mentions these anywhere as part of the door assembly but I found a pair inside my door when removing the broken glass. seemed stuck to a piece of glass, but not clear. Anyway, there are no obvious holes where these might go. If there were just one, I might think it goes on the bottom of door frame to support the glass since there is a single hole there where it would fit, but nothing in pairs, other than on the hinges themselves, but given how they would fit there, I see no function because the bumper has nothing to contact

I checked the "real" bumpers on my oven and my 2 "extras" are identical:

https://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-door-bumper-4448520-ap2929165.html

as noted, these are item #4 on the first parts diagram "01-Oven Parts" but there is no mention of a similar part anywhere in the assembly, including the door

https://www.appliancepartspros.com/oven-parts-for-whirlpool-kebc107kss05.html

I find it hard to believe these were accidentally dropped in when oven was built, but at my wit's end trying to figure out where they might go (and admittedly gun shy about doing anthing wrong given the price tag of the stainless/glass panel I just bought

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LearningTech

• mnr3

Top Posters In This Topic

Worked on quite a few doors and have not noticed those bumpers, sorry good luck