Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

LG WM3570H front load washer drain pump filter leaks after cleaning

khhale

Using the manual, I drained the water, then unplugged the drain pump filter, cleaned it out, and screwed drain pump filter back in.

I had done this before, with no problems. There were no error messages; just seemed like a good idea.  

I started a load, then discovered my kitchen was flooded--water was pouring out of drain front filter (lower left corner of washer)

I removed the load, reinserted the drain pump filter, once again turned as tight as possible.  Started with empty load.  Water continues to pour out of filter.  

Looked at more guidelines from LG and youtube--there are no clues there.  This isn't supposed to happen.

I tried again--water still pours out of drain pump filter plug, as if it's not screwed in tight. I've screwed it in as tight as possible short of using a metal wrench on this plastic fitting.

Any help appreciated...I'm afraid to try simple teflon tape because this isn't a small leak - water pours out around all the threads.

Remove the filter trap again and with a small screwdriver carefully clean out the threads in the pump body and the filter trap.

Make sure the rubber trap seal is still in place.

I've had this happen once and it was sand/grit that was trapped in the threads - it felt like it tightened down all the way but it leaked.   After removing and cleaning the grit out of the threads and reinstalling all was fine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Budget Appliance Repair said:

sand/grit that was trapped in the threads

Usually what i see too. 

I use a shop vac to suck on the threads to get them clean. A nylon brush can help jar it loose and then the vac suck it away. 

• Like 1

If your unlucky and have some nicks in the oring use light coat silicone sealant to fill the nicks after cleaning.