Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Bosch Dryer Model # WTMC332BUS/06 not starting after cleaning

BostonContractor

BostonContractor

Hoping someone on this forum might have some insight. Given the current state of the world, trying to DIY this repair rather than have someone in our tight house. 

Our Bosch Dryer model # WTMC332BUS/06 has been great for us. I think we have owned it 11-12 years and its still a work horse for our family of 5. 

That said, about 2 years ago my wife smelled a burning smell and understandably was freaked out. I did a complete cleaning of the lint filter and lint filter box snaking it. We ended up having a repairman out and I'm not sure what he did other than I think he pulled some lint out from under the drum. 

Four days ago we were getting the same burning smell. Given the current state of isolation I figured this was a good time to tear the whole dryer open and clean everything. In doing so, I did the following;

- Removed lint filter and cleaned. 

- Fabricated a thin hose extension for my shop vac and vacuumed the entire lint box. 

- Removed the top cover and rear cover of the dryer exposing the back of the drum and underneath of the dryer. 

- Vaccuumed lots of lint from under the drum, around the belt pully assembly and generally the whole bottom side of the dryer. 

- I disconnected the heating element duct from the back side of the drum and used the same fabricated hose to vacuum up inside the rear of the drum. In doing so the drum did shift slightly back, but I was able to move it back forward and it appears to turn freely as it did. 

- On our model, the heating element duct soft of pivots or hinges down once disconnected allowing me to see the heating element. It also had several large balls of lint including one that was charred. Vaccummed and removed those as well. 

In doing all of this, I did not disconnect any electrical leads. This was simply a disassembly of the structure to clean and everything was put back together as it was. 

When I was done reassembling and had plugged back in, the dryer had power and when put to a setting and hitting the start button, it's not turning on. 

I am getting a first smaller "click" which I believe is the door safety switch and then a secondary "harder" or louder click. I now have the dryer dissassembled again. The secondary click appears to be coming from the back of the drum although I can't see anything electric there other than the plug. The clicking is not coming from the plug. 

Pictures below show the disassembled state. 

I would appreciate any insight this forum has as to things to look or check for. Much appreciated - stay safe everyone!

Uw3g-BoHANL89GbWzNpSEFRYIMrMP_xnZSdRwUS0

EhBRUuihu9LbXPn04RhQrYpoAACAcCK-3DdTiLgr

XrOvV_EoR6WN3zo73cteqjN79iQ2MYfG_yB-jpSG

9wUnDYZ98bzSZXn_qJkMaKcFaWP1kWuXMM0qf7-O

gqvympfuAqlkqrQc6rvMwz7ZowGOmgxyxMgpXYub

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BostonContractor

• Scottekarate

BostonContractor

Investigated the second "click" further and it appears to be this relay/fuse coming in off of the power cord (shown in picture #2).  Does anyone know what this could be? I'm wondering if the relay could have been damaged turning the back of the dryer up on top of the machine while working on it?

There is a black plunger on the belt switch that you push in to reset after taking the belt off. Push it from the left toward the right. Best accessed from the rear.

• 2 weeks later...
BostonContractor

@Scottekarate, delayed thank you for your input. The belt switch reset did the trick! 

Simple and easy, just the way it should be. 

Much appreciated!