Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Maytag Bravos dryer F 24 error code fix

JohnK

After a power brown-out my Maytag Bravos dryer started beeping but will not turn on when a cycle is selected. Display panel lights up partially but the time display does not with the exception of the error code.  Ran the diagnostic and the error code is F-24.  Tech sheet says this means the  Inlet Thermistor is open.  I tested this and it has continuity but I replaced it anyway, unfortunately this did not fix the problem.  I also checked the outlet thermistor as well as the thermal fuse, all are good.  I also checked all the wiring from each of these and it appears to have good continuity.  Not sure where to go from here.  Could it be the  control board or the user interface board (display)?  Also checked the door switch and the heating coil just to be sure, they are good. Any help would be appreciated!  

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vance R

• JohnK

Top Posters In This Topic

Need model number to give better advise. Using continuity to check is not accurate. You can check resistance at the thermistor and at the board. Checking at the board is to confirm the wiring. 

Inlet thermistor connector P4 pins 3 and 6.

68 deg - 62k

77 deg - 50k

86 deg - 40k

exhaust thermistor connector P4 pins 1 and 2.

60 deg - 15k

70 deg - 12k

80 deg - 9k

Disconnect plug from main board and check resistances.

Am I checking the resistance in the wire housing specifically?  Therefore a bad wire housing since I already replaced the inlet thermistor?  Thanks

Checking the thermistors and wires at same time by check at the board. Also to check if you got the correct thermistor as inlet and outlet have different resistance ranges.