Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Guest gil

kenmore series 80

3 posts in this topic

I have a kenmore dryer (model #110.70802990) that quit heating properly.  I went on the roof and cleaned out the vent stack with a shop vac.  Lots of lint came out.  The air temp coming out of the stack was fairly warm (I held my hand over the opening) but suddenly went cold.  Thinking a breaker tripped, I reset all the breakers.  Air temp still cold.  Later that evening we began to smell gas around the dryer.  I shut off the gas valve to the dryer.  Looking thru you site, I see a lot of possibilites.  I am hoping you can help me narrow the problem down, especially the gas smell.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Gil,  I would pull the vent from the wall and make sure that is cleaned out as well as the roof vent.  Check your gas line connections to the dryer for leaks.   Run the dryer with the vent off and make sure there is a good air flow comming from the vent.  See if the dryer heats normally with the vent off.  If it does,  you know that it was a venting problem.  Make sure your doing this on timed dry.  If the problem still persists it could possibley be your coils on the gas valve.   Check the aforementioned first and let us know...Ron