LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

BOSCH Hood Fan - HCB56651UC missing parts

chiwara

Hello. This is my first post here.  Hope to get advice from someone who knows about Bosch hood fan installation. 

We got this fan few years ago for the project and it was installed but never used. The owner changed mind and it was removed and put in a box, sitting in a storage. 

We decided to used it for our house but realized there are several things missing. According to the installation manual (page 8) , below are the items included. I've highlighted things we are missing in Red. 

I called Bosch parts department and was informed I can purchase installation kit which include everything I need, except Back-pressure Flap.

Part number: 00758988

Part number: 00758988

Extractor hood with fan, back-pressure flap
Lamp, already installed
Metal grease filter
Flue duct
Drill template
1x angle bracket for the flue duct
Instruction manual and installation instructions
6x screws, 5x45 mm
8x screws, 4x8 mm
2x washers
2x hollow wall plugs, 8x40 mm
4x hollow wall plugs, 10x50 mm T
Torx adapter, 10 & 20 

I need someone's professional advice on 2 areas.
1. If I order  installation kit from Bosch, it takes 3-4 weeks to receive the order. I want to get this installed sooner and wondering if I can get all the materials (except drill template and manual) from local hardware store?
2. Do I need back-pressure flap?  Again, can I buy this item from hardware store or is this something that needs to be specific to this model? 

Thanks in advane. 

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chiwara

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic