LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

LG Ice Maker makes Ice Intermittenanly then Stops

Michael1995

Michael1995

Hello,

I have about a ten year old fridge- LG LMX25985ST. Recently I noticed the ice maker making more noise than usual when it dumped ice before filling the tray. The problem progressed to the point where it will make 1 or 2 trays of ice and then no longer fill the tray with water. It will do so if I reset the whole ice maker- will make about 1 or 2 trays and then same thing- stops and doesn't fill the tray. I went through all the troubleshooting- checked the temperate- not blockage of the arm, water line is good, etc. I am not sure what could be causing this except the maker just make be broken and worn out. My assumption is to purchase a new ice maker assembly. Before doing so, I wanted to ask the people here your opinion- does replacing the ice maker assembly sound like the solution. I would hate to purchase this part and still have the same problem- and it turned out I needed a different part. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• john63

• Michael1995

Top Posters In This Topic

Verify temperature at icemaker is below 6F.

Icemaker turns on at 5F

Icemaker will function erratically if freezer temperature is set at or near 5F.

Should be set at 0F...for reliable interruption free function.

If the temperature was already set at 0F...verify actual temperature at icemaker.

If 5F or warmer...suspect sealed system issues.

Michael1995

Thanks.  Temperature was good.  I installed a new ice maker assembly and all is good.  Thanks for the tips!