LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Dryer won’t come on.

Rthompson

So my dryer wasn’t heating. Narrowed it down to the timer switch. Took it off filed down and cleaned a connection point, tested before I put it back together worked like a charm. Went and got my phone to brag on myself to my wife. came back and thought I need to clean this thing before I put the back back on. In my haste and exuberance, my stupid self didn’t unplug the dryer. So as I am taking lint trap vent off it slides over and touches one of the terminals to the Dryer thermostat cycling Mechanism. Needless to say it arced, shocked me, and scared the absolute crap out of me. So now after putting it back together it won’t even turn on. I checked for continuity on the fuse and the thermostat that it touched and they both are showing continuity. So my question is could it have fired the switch or the actual motor?

Also when I plug it in and turn the breaker on I can hear the timer when it is set to timer dry running so I know power is getting to it

Did you reset the breaker, (make sure to push both arms to off to reset then turn on)?  If you just pushed the breaker arms both to the fully on position without first making sure both are fully off then you didn't reset the breaker.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

check to see if you get 120 volts at your motor, if you do, then its no good. Check door switch, and thermal fuse, and push switch