Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Thor dishwasher HDW2401SS / HDW2401BS No display

tookien

Hello,

My dishwasher is out of warranty (parts and labor) and I'm looking at repairing it myself. The dishwasher is only a little above 2 years old.

The manual is located at this link

Initially what happened was an Ed error code suddenly came up on the display, which I researched is a signal error; communication error between the display computer and the main computer.

When I reset the dishwasher from the breaker, it no longer showed the error code on the display, and no lights and display.

I reset it many times, waited over 30 minutes before turning it back on again and no lights and display. So now it doesn't even show the error code.

No burnt smell.

Some things I checked already:

• no water plugged or leaking anywhere
  •  Connection to power source is good (110v).
  •  Door latch and switch
  •    the door latch whether closed or open does not light up the display
  •    I shorted the connection on latch switch and still nothing on the display
  • The main computer is getting power
  •   I took out the main computer to inspect it. No burns anywhere on front or back or signs of being exposed to water/moisture
  •   There are two built in fuses on the board which I checked and have continuity
  • The display computer is getting power.
  •    connections going to the display are getting power
  •   I took apart the display computer which is glued on and no signs of being burnt or exposed to water/moisture
  • Wires
  •   all wires inspected for burns or breakage, and no signs of that

My diagnosis so far leads me to conclude the problem is with the display computer.

But I could be wrong, and that's why I'm here for any advice!

Thanks in advance

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tookien

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I am convinced that Thor is a scam company. AVOID AVOID.

Dishwashers are absolute garbage. I had problems in the first month with a Thor gas stove.

I WILL NEVER BUY THOR PRODUCTS AGAIN