LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Samsung inverter refrigerator freezer not cold enough

elic

Hi all

I have a Samsung SBS inverter refrigerator. I check the temperature of the freezer and the coldest I get is -14 degrees celsius.

condenser coils are clean

fans are rotating

thermostats are ok. I put a resistor in parallel to the thermistor to fake higher temperature to force the control board to cool even more.

I just can't get it below -14.

BTW, the display shows -22 but the actual temperature is -14.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks,

Eli

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• elic

• 16345Ed

• Mr. Mezey

We always pull error codes then record cabinet temperatures and test all the thermistors as a starting point. 

Based on those results we go from there...

Hard to guess what’s wrong sorry. 

Thanks for your response.

How do you pull error codes. There are no error displayed on the display.

My logic tells me that the compressor just can't bring the temperature lower than that.

The reason I think so is because I faked higher temperature, so I would think the control unit should increase power to try to bring the temperature down.

On the other hand  the refrigerator displays both requested and actual temperatures. And it claims I reached requested temperature.

Maybe the fans are not powerful enough (there are two of them in the freezer) so the temp is low near the sensor but is not the same in all the cabinet?

Issue is fixed for me. It appears that the original problem was just  frozen fan. That I fixed. Now I have a fancy temperature meter that I bought recently and started to test the temperature in different places in the cabinet. It takes around three days for the temperature to spread evenly. Don't know why but now I see that I get as low as I need.

• 3 weeks later...