LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Kenmore range 665.95775890 stuck light cover in oven

BradleyHolcomb

BradleyHolcomb

purchased year 2000, this is the first time the bulb is not working, looked in the manual it says to turn bulb cover CCW but I don't know if that means "unscrew" it (multiple turns) or turn a few degrees to release. Anyway, the glass light bulb cover only turns a few degrees either way and (I think) the socket is turning with it. I would likely guess 20 years of buildup has joined the socket and cover but I'm not sure. What should I try? Should I try a "little" harder turn? Repeated back and forth turns? Would it help to try to access it from the back side? TIA

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BradleyHolcomb

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

BradleyHolcomb

Got it! After some more googling I found a whole lists of tactics here https://www.chowhound.com/post/seeking-removing-oven-light-bulb-cover-972026?page=4

I heated the oven to 350, turned it off, left the door open, waited for it to cool, while cooling I gently tapped it with a rubber mallet (repeatedly, lightly, different angles). Luckily I have an IR thermometer, when the cover got to down to about 130 degrees I used a strap wrench, loosened like a dream!