Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Electrolux EIMED6CJIW3 keep burning element

justind

Electrolux EIMED6CJIW3 keep burning element. Dryer is 3-4 years old.  It's been burning out the elements for about 2 years.The dryer keeps burning the element every few months.

When the dryer isn't working I take it apart and find that some of the heating coils are broken. The element (part number 134792700) gets so hot that the middle plate is bent out of shape so much so that several times the coil is shorted against the tube.  I've replace the element 5+ times.  I've also replaced the Thermistor and the Thermal Fuse once.  I've tested the Thermal Fuse and verified it works using an electric frying pan set to 265F.  I've checked the vent exhaust is lint free.    
Why does the element keep burning out?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• justind

• Ashton

Top Posters In This Topic

Replace the main control board. Only other part in the circuit. The heater is using L2 line voltage, so also suspect voltage coming into the circuit. I assume the dryer will still spin but not heat. Motor uses just 120 from L1.

Thanks for the reply.  

You're correct the dryer still spins.  The dryer will also heat but takes longer to dry.  At the end of the cycle the dryer has a different chime and a error code 64, which means that the element has issues.  When i take it apart 1-2 of the elements are broken leaving 1 element working with the plate where the elements are on totally warped.

I'm suspecting a bad design in the element (part number 134792700). The thermostat and fuse are at the beginning of the tube where the air enters cool.  the other end is where the plate gets so hot it warps.  I've added my spare thermostat to the hot end  of the tube, I'm hoping the the thermostat will cycle a lot more this way and prevent the element from overheating.