LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Samsung DV50F9A6EVW - HE code

DinoTX

Hey all, I’ll try to keep this short.

- Feb 2020- No heat. Replaced element only (Amazon); problem resolved.

August 2020- No heat. Replaced element (warranty replacement), t-stat, and thermal fuse. Made sure to check element was insulated from case.

-now I have heat but dryer gets too hot and dries too fast wrinkling clothes before stopping due to “HE” error.

-replaced thermistor and other thermostat on blower housing.

-Cleaned vent all the way to roof with drill powered plumbing snake with cleaning brush attached to end. Removed a ton of lint and an active bird nest including eggs😬. Vent cleared per dryer vent test and roof covered in feathers and lint.

-Cabinet and all components completely cleaned of lint.

-still running hot, still getting “HE” code.

-replaced PCB (OEM). 

-still running hot, still getting code.

Any ideas? I don’t want to buy any other parts until I know exactly what is failing. 

I was able to acquire a multimeter from work and plan to disassemble the dryer tonight and inspect and test all components. 

Can I please get some guidance on how to test them? Particularly the sensors as I’m pretty sure I’m just checking the element for continuity. 

Thanks for any assistance!

Tyson

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DinoTX

• 16345Ed

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, 16345Ed said:

OEM?

No. The warranty replacement element actually came with all 4 new sensors. I’m sure it’s all not the greatest quality but I would think they would all work for at least a little while. Based on the price difference between the Amazon parts and OEM parts, I’m guessing there’s a significant difference in quality.

Does it heat even on air dry (no heat) setting? Sounds like shorted element or stuck relay on control. 

Aftermarket cheap parts are always suspect. 

52 minutes ago, 16345Ed said:

Does it heat even on air dry (no heat) setting? Sounds like shorted element or stuck relay on control. 

Thanks! Didn’t get a chance to get into last night but I should tonight. I’ll check the element again and try to test all the sensors with the multimeter.

I did replace the main control board with OEM so I doubt it’s that. I’ve been kind of thinking it got to be the element also, but I thought I checked it well before installing it. 

On 9/23/2020 at 6:56 AM, 16345Ed said:

I did end up finding a short in the element after closer inspection. It works perfectly now. Thanks again for your help! I know cheap components aren’t the best choice but I’m just trying to get this set to last us another year or so when they’ll be replaced when we build a new house. Thanks again!