Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. 
      I'll be posting a couple more tech sheets before Saturday so be sure to follow this event to keep up with the tech sheets we'll be going through. 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Whirlpool side by side Model wrs965ciah00 makes ice but wont dispense

Always Affordable Appliance Experts

Hello I am an appliance tech and 2yr member but my premium access has expired. I'm writing about an issue on a repair that I am having trouble with and have been unable to resolve and have not been able to locate a service manual for. The problem is on a Whirlpool side by side refrigerator model number wrs965ciah00 serial hr23314029 that is still making ice and dropping ice into the bucket will not dispense or energize the auger motor. The customer previously replaced the switch and pad for ice as well as auger motor on the unit. When the switch to dispense ice is pressed the dispenser door opens up as if to dispense ice but the auger motor never turns. I have tested the switch by checking for voltage at the auger motor and found none. Additionally I have swapped leads from the ice to water switch and tested that to rule out the switch itself entirely. I have also replaced the ice maker control board module, however this did not solve the problem either, the display on the new module appears to be working fine and the water dispenses however ice does not and the LED light which illuminates the area below the dispenser has begun strobing rapidly intermittently. I believe this is due to the fact that the new module must be programmed by inputting the code on the model number sticker within the refrigerator. I have a service manual for an earlier model, however the buttons on the controls are not the same and no combination I have tried will put the control into programming mode. I need some help with this problem as soon as possible, as well as locating a service manual for this model and or repair solution and additional troubleshooting information. Thanks in advance.

Check the wire at the bottom of the freezer door for breaks. Tech sheet should have been in the toe plate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2020 at 5:14 PM, Vance R said:

Check the wire at the bottom of the freezer door for breaks. Tech sheet should have been in the toe plate.

That was it, thank you