Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Bosch 500 WFVC6450UC/19 E:12 error slow fill

hi-Phile

Washing machine just recently started reporting E:12 and won't complete a wash cycle on Cold.  The laundry soap cup drawer wouldn't wash the detergent away.  Setting the machine to Warm or Hot will fill the tub, but the rinse cycle will error out with E:12. 

The paper guide under the machine cover says the following for Er:12:

Fault/Fault description             Remarks, possible cause

Water inlet time exceeded       No water within 6min, Damaged valve, Wire harness, Blocked hose

Results

- check water supply

- check valve

- check hose

Test program

P:09 -> Pressure switch

P:13 -> Valves

There is a section on entering test mode.  I followed it and was able to put it into test mode, and scroll through the errors too.  The E:12 appears with C:003 which indicates this is the count of the error.  Also the error d:06 appears 1 time, which indicates NTC-relay failure, but since that only occurred once the thermistor probably encountered a condition, as also there was a dr:11 error 1 time, which indicates Voltage too low, due to a possible weak power supply and check line voltage.

The other important area was entering the test mode and to run the Test Program.  I went ahead to test the P:09 and P:13, but I didn't know what the message returned after the test it wasn't on this single troubleshooting sheet.  For P:09 the test ran and showed 63, then at the end of the test, it showed 88.  For test P:13, showed 63, 88, then finally 177.  In any case, it seems point to a faulty cold fill valve, since I tested the water flow at the valve inlet and it has plenty of pressure and the water flows rapidly.  We don't have well water, we have city water, and a water softener since we have higher TDS mineral content in our water.  I checked the inlet screen, it is clear of any debris and doesn't appear to be clogged there.

Thanks for any help, I hope someone else can learn from my experience too.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hi-Phile

• Scottekarate

Top Posters In This Topic

What water pressure are you checking? Are you pointing The inlet hose into a tub and running that? 

MOST washers these days have all cold rinses. So if your cold water fills slowly, its likely timing out. Whatever pressure sensor or switch that the unit is equipped with is not satisfied in X amount of minutes and the control throws a code. Its a common repair on all washers.

Start a cycle with just cold water and watch it and listen. You should be able to hear the water coming in quickly. You said hot water works, compare one to the other.

I'm checking the Cold water inlet pressure, it's not rushing in using the cold water setting when it the hose is connected to the cold water inlet. When the hose is put into the sink, the pressure is there and very forceful.  So it's timing out because the cold water valve isn't opening fully.  Hot and Warm actually are both having sufficient pressure, unlike the Cold water.

I ordered and received a replacement Cold water inlet valve.  The part number and description are:

B016NBZ9XW 00422244 Washer Cold Water Inlet Valve Original Equipment (OEM) Part

I shut off the cold water valve where the washer hose was attached.  I then kept a small bucket under the hose inlet valve to disconnect the cold water hose at the inlet valve.  I then used a T20 Torx head screw driver to unscrew the two rear lid screws.  Lifted the top lid of the washer from the rear and then pulled out the lid and set it aside.  I then disconnected the three wire cable connector, and two small wire hose clamps that are attached to the water valve.  I put a small towel under the valve to catch any water that would come out of hoses when I disconnected them both from the valve.  I then pushed the the tab from the inside out so that I could slide the valve to remove it from the mount on the back panel.  The tab once pushed out, then slide the valve in the same direction to be able to remove the valve.  Installation is the reverse of the above.

After the valve was replaced, the Cold water and Rinse cycles all work without any problems.