LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE Gas Range, oven shutting down -- model# PCGS930SEL2SS

SteveH66

Greetings,

My sister has a relatively new (18 months old) GE Gas Range (Model#  PCGS930SEL2SS) and back in October it started exhibiting this issue where the oven would come on, up to temp and then would shutdown / not stay on and keep the oven at temp.   Because the oven was past the 1 year warranty, she ended up dealing with a local appliance repair company and 3 visits later, and more than $800 out of her own pocket things are no further ahead.  Reaching out to both the company she purchased from, and to GE have so far, not resulted in any action.   Searching both this forum and via google search have led to a possible lead on this issue... the bulletin referenced below seems like it is similar to what she is seeing, but I do not have access to the full details of this bulletin to further investigate.

Oct 9, 2018 — GE CGS986 PGS930 Gas Range Training Bulletin - Shutting down at 250F View File PUB TB16-18 Submitter Samurai Appliance Repair Man ...

Additionally, I can say that the 3 service calls thus far have resulted in replacement of the components listed below, all which have not helped

• WS01L16300  -  glass & touch board
  • WS01F08639  -  machine board
  • WS01F07435  -  brake HSI
  • WS01F09B94  -  blower
  • WS01F06621  -  board sensing

Thanks in advance for any input on this!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SteveH66

• 16345Ed

• Budget Appliance Repair

• isaac

Service pointer talking about fan failure,  turn unit on and look through the vents/grill once reached temperature,  you can also put unit in to self clean usually the cooling fan goes on right away (once door locks)  on self clean 

4 hours ago, 16345Ed said:

They aren’t GE part numbers...

Probably coded numbers that the particular service company uses to keep anyone from looking up the actual parts and finding how much they really cost without doing their own look-ups of the parts name by model number.

Also looks like the OP here has their own model number wrong - nothing coming up as PCGS930 but using the number for the bulletin looks like the model in question is: PGS930SEL2SS. 

Maybe this is a Canadian model with the "C" and weird part#'s?

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair

Thanks all for the replies.  

Yes, I am in Canada, so definitely could be a variation on CAD model numbers.  I have screen shots from the work order showing the model# as recorded (but will check the unit itself and sales documentation).  The other screen shot is showing the part numbers as recorded on the work order.

I am not seeing a way to either imbed an image here or add an attachment,  but if there is a way please advise.

In the interim, the two screen shots should be visible at this link here.

Can anyone share details on the so-called bulletin that I identified in my original post -- I was really hoping I was on to something with this, and it was some sort of known issue.

Thanks again!

The bulletin, which we can’t share with unpaid non professional subscribers, is all about the blower fan. 

It’s either obstructed, bad wiring or motor dead. 

Id recommend hiring a new tech that has access to bulletins. 

If I paid someone $800 and still have the same issue I think I’d be making sure I got a refund. Sounds like they were just throwing parts at it hoping...

On 12/19/2020 at 9:17 AM, 16345Ed said:

The bulletin, which we can’t share with unpaid non professional subscribers, is all about the blower fan...

Id recommend hiring a new tech that has access to bulletins. 

OK, I figured this was a bulletin published by GE, is that not the case here?

How would I go about finding a tech that is in the Kitchener-Waterloo area in ON.

18 hours ago, SteveH66 said:

OK, I figured this was a bulletin published by GE, is that not the case here?

How would I go about finding a tech that is in the Kitchener-Waterloo area in ON.

Google

7 hours ago, 16345Ed said:

Google

???

You are saying that you cannot share "your" bulletin as it is only for Appliantology professional subscribers right?  That was my interpretation of your response,  So, that is why I was asking what of your "professional subscribers" would be in that area.

Yes, I can and have used google to find general appliance repair shops.  I had asked earlier, to which there was no response -- is there a tech bulletin published by GE, the manufacturer on this matter?  Or is it just one of your bulletins?  If there is a GE bulletin, then yes, I would assume it to be available to any certified repair org, but again it sounds like this is one of your bulletins, restricted to your pro subscribers?

Am I missing something?

You call a local service company and simply ask if they have access to ge bulletins. If no, call the next one. 

So once again, the bulletin referenced at this link below is a GE bulletin??   Is there a GE bulletin# or reference number of any kind associated with this?